God created all humans equal. We humans created "accident of birth". God wanted all human beings to be same, get equal oppotunity and play their role in society. We created social engineering, caste system and unequal playing field. God blessed us withintelligence and merit. We overuled God and promoted ourselves on the basis of "accident of birth". Result is for all to see. Merit has left Indian shores. What is left behind is mediocrity as examplified by the culture of "Jugaad", and "sub chalta hai".

Isn't it time that we say, enough is enough. Goodbye to reservationand quota ? Should we not worship merit and skill, intelligence and innovative brain ?

Views: 2552

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Even Dr. Ambedkar  was against caste based reservation and he was of the view that basis and just basis for any reservation must be economic . He further said that dalits and other OBC will be automatically benefited for the are in downmost economic strata . I must quote him that he also opposed caste based reservation that due to this small favor in the name of cast " Chambhar anant kala sathee chambharach banoon rahteel " ( in marathee ) means CHAMAR anant kaal tak CHAMAR hee bane rahenge aur is tarah se Jati bhee hamesha banee rahegee .Ambedkar jati pratha ka sampoorn nash chahte the .Dr. Lohia aur Savarkar bhee samaj kee samarasta aur desh ke utthan ke liye Jati nash chahte the yadyapi ye teenon alag alag rajnaitik vicharon ke pratinidhi the .Ab reservation sirf ek rajnaitik hathiyar bhar rah gaya hai jo sachmuch jo vanchit hain unhen kuchh fayada naheen de raha hai balki jatiyon ke bheetar bhee ' HAVES ' aur ' HAVE NOTS ' kee aarthik khayee chaudee kar raha hai .

So true Singh saheb. To add to your point, what I don't understand is - How can the State itself divide and discriminate between its own people ?

The problem with the politics of division is, it never stops at the point you started. So, the reservations started with SC/ST... then OBC.. and now there is a talk on the basis of religion.. I guess our country must be the only place in the world where people would be happy to be called "backward" officially.

RAJKUMAR SINGH said:

Even Dr. Ambedkar  was against caste based reservation and he was of the view that basis and just basis for any reservation must be economic . He further said that dalits and other OBC will be automatically benefited for the are in downmost economic strata . I must quote him that he also opposed caste based reservation that due to this small favor in the name of cast " Chambhar anant kala sathee chambharach banoon rahteel " ( in marathee ) means CHAMAR anant kaal tak CHAMAR hee bane rahenge aur is tarah se Jati bhee hamesha banee rahegee .Ambedkar jati pratha ka sampoorn nash chahte the .Dr. Lohia aur Savarkar bhee samaj kee samarasta aur desh ke utthan ke liye Jati nash chahte the yadyapi ye teenon alag alag rajnaitik vicharon ke pratinidhi the .Ab reservation sirf ek rajnaitik hathiyar bhar rah gaya hai jo sachmuch jo vanchit hain unhen kuchh fayada naheen de raha hai balki jatiyon ke bheetar bhee ' HAVES ' aur ' HAVE NOTS ' kee aarthik khayee chaudee kar raha hai .

yes for u not for us

Sumit Ranjan jee ,what is state ? We the people are state .We need to change and try for the change . State will change along .

How true..We should "Be the change" we like to see....Definitely agree with that.

On a more related note, I just started reading the "Constitution of India" today.. and based on what I have read so far.. there are enough articles which have caused all this complication and left loop holes in terms of interpretation that exists today !

Lets take an e.g.

One one side, all the Articles 14 - 21 talk about "equality" amongst all citizens of India. At the same time, it also gives the state or the government provisions to make "special reservations" on the basis of caste/religion. Why ? Just two words there.. "economic backwardness" could have ensured that no one in future (today's context present) could demand any reservation based policy on the basis of "caste" or "religion"....

If the Union of India had the will and might to abolish - Zamindari system, Untouchablity etc. I can't imagine we didn't have the will or might to abolish other un necessary things as well...

RAJKUMAR SINGH said:

Sumit Ranjan jee ,what is state ? We the people are state .We need to change and try for the change . State will change along .

Yes I I agree . Reservation must be need related and based on economic Backwardness .

Sumit Ranjan said:

How true..We should "Be the change" we like to see....Definitely agree with that.

On a more related note, I just started reading the "Constitution of India" today.. and based on what I have read so far.. there are enough articles which have caused all this complication and left loop holes in terms of interpretation that exists today !

Lets take an e.g.

One one side, all the Articles 14 - 21 talk about "equality" amongst all citizens of India. At the same time, it also gives the state or the government provisions to make "special reservations" on the basis of caste/religion. Why ? Just two words there.. "economic backwardness" could have ensured that no one in future (today's context present) could demand any reservation based policy on the basis of "caste" or "religion"....

If the Union of India had the will and might to abolish - Zamindari system, Untouchablity etc. I can't imagine we didn't have the will or might to abolish other un necessary things as well...

RAJKUMAR SINGH said:

Rohini, USA has reservation also and they call it 'Affirmative Action".  Have you heard this word?

Rohini said:

I see hundreds of Indian IT people in the USA. most of them from IIT. I went to a party few weekends back and most Indians were fresh of the boat. most of them have extremely good salaries even so much more than the natives. Its amazing. good for them. they put in the hard work do they studies and get the shit of there. I did. no place for reservation here thanks for that. god bless the USA. 

This was a very useful peace of information Hossen saheb. Thanks a lot as I didn't know about this. My intellectual curiosity made me search this in a bit more depth and I came across the wikipedia site which was a good read. Sharing it for more members to read

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Affirmative_action

Mohammed Hossen said:

Rohini, USA has reservation also and they call it 'Affirmative Action".  Have you heard this word?

Rohini said:

I see hundreds of Indian IT people in the USA. most of them from IIT. I went to a party few weekends back and most Indians were fresh of the boat. most of them have extremely good salaries even so much more than the natives. Its amazing. good for them. they put in the hard work do they studies and get the shit of there. I did. no place for reservation here thanks for that. god bless the USA. 

The word minority for religious groups are wrong. Its all about politics/votes and nothing to do with actual reservation. VP Singh, Laloo Yadav, Mulayam Yadav, Ajit Singh all rely on vote bank politics, appeasement is what get them votes. This reservation has created resentment and hatred between castes.  

The statement on Wikipedia "Quotas are not legal in the United States. No employer, university, or other entity may create a set number required for each race" explains it all that, there are NO QUOTA in the USA. This happens only in India. 

Reservation is one thing that no political party would touch. Its in the constitution of India. Its something like the population issue. No one wants to touch it. 

Should we campaign for economic reservation rather than caste based reservations that happen to divide the people than unit them. 

Yes reservation should be continue as per Economical not for castizim

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2014   Created by YouBihar

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service