From the response Rohini got I wonder if I may also get the same. At this stage I am not thinking of a business venture but would love to visit Bihar but first i want to find out if certain places still exist. You see my grandparents came from Bihar and if I can find if  the districts they came from still exists then it will give me an added impetus to come. They came from a

Zillah: Busti

Thanna: Kalwani

Village: Rahrwa 

If anybody can throw some light and inform me then that will make me very happy,

respectfully 

ir dowlath

Views: 53

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think its too vague. I think the word basti means village. You need to provide more answers. Bihar is a big place. 

You have blown me away by your prompt response. These info I have got from the Government Archives as they appeared on the Immigration papers. Okay the word Busti I do understand could mean village settlement etc but what about the Thanna word which I understand could mean "in the jurisdiction of a particular Police department serving a particular area".

Then there is Village and the name of the village is Raharwa. Unfortunately these information dates back to the year 1891. its a long time ago and the names and places could have been changed or renamed. I just hope there may be some answers. Once again hope you could be of assistance with these limited info. Even if you cannot help immediately< do keep me in mind, something may just jog your memory or some info may come your way which may be beneficial to me after all you are Bihari, a soul of that soil. Namaste   

Hello... I will certainly be on the lookout.. I occasionally visit Bihar on holidays. The year is so back that things could have changed. I dont think there is any Bihar government initiative to help those who left Bihar to trace their roots. But will keep ears and eyes open to those places. cheers. 

Thanks ever so much for your encouraging words. You are a real star and it means a lot to me. Last year Iwent to Ghazeepore looking for my Daada's last known place where he hailed from. It was futile and frustrating and also travelling from Varanasi to Ghaazepore and back took up most of your day with hardly any time to investigate. Will appreciate every bit of assistance you may give. God Bless.

Rohini said:

Hello... I will certainly be on the lookout.. I occasionally visit Bihar on holidays. The year is so back that things could have changed. I dont think there is any Bihar government initiative to help those who left Bihar to trace their roots. But will keep ears and eyes open to those places. cheers. 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

यूबिहार सोसल नेटवर्क अब फ़ेसबुक पे है. **इधर क्लिक कीजिए**

© 2014   Created by YouBihar

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service