It is with great sadness that I have decide to write this letter and I hope that people actively posting comments will take notice. But most important, the owners of yubihar will take notice and try to act.

In recent time, the quality of posted comments are such that one feel ashamed even to visit this site. Use of certain words, deregatory remarks, insulting statements is so common on youbihar that one wonder if a decent, civilised person has any place here. Wonder of wonders is that, such things are tolerated and actively allowed to continue.

I am quite aware that many a decent, highly educated folkes who regularly posted well informed comments have now disappeared from this site. What is left is what one see and read now. These decent folkes were bombarded with insulting, deregatory, personal comments which made really uncomfortable reading. I would especially like to point out the way female members has been addressed using words and language that make me ashamed to call myself a Bihari. No wonder good quality members wisely decided to keep away from this site. I too did it voluntarily for couple of months. I am again having second thoughts and if nothing is done to rectify this situation, I would join them too. No self respecting person would bother to be a member here.

It is claimed that this site has over 5000 members. But only a dozen participate at any one time. Is this the level of activity  that justify its existence ?

And a word to the owners of youbihar. If such things are allowed to continue, then the future of this site is anybody's guess. I am sure when this site was started, it was started with noble intention. Sadly, along the way, someone, somehow hijacked its motto.

It would be interesting to read viwes from everyone.

Views: 99

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Dr Kumar, You grievances are noted. I assure you that unsavoury characters will be removed. I have just removed a person who was abusing a female member. There is no way we will tolerate abuse of this nature specially to female members. Your comments are seriously read by me and I assume by others as well. You participation is appreciated.
You are right sir. I have also seen such types of comments today.Even though i have used net after 15 days bcoz i was in leh and after dat i was in patna on leave. Sir, I also consider dat if members of dis site will use such type of language on dis social network then it will produce bad impression to others. Shalu mam has created dis site for respect and proud of Bihar people not to ashamed. We have to restrict those members to use dis site or we have to take an initiative to control such type of languages.

Hello friends

There has been an incident where a female member had been badly abused. The words used leave a bad taste in the mouth. I hope that members will refrain from abusing another member. YouBihar is a social networking site where Biharis can share views and talk about anything they wish. Unfortunately a member took this too far and starting using bad language that we do not wish to hear in real life and would never teach our children. I had to delete this person from the site. The site is open to the wider public and has views from all over the world. We have been in the American news as an informative site on Bihar and also been mentioned in the Times of India. I therefore request all to refrain from using such extreme language against anyone irrespective of their views especially against female members.

I appreciate everyone’s participation and hope we can show the world that Bihar means business. Bihar is indeed changing and last thing we want is to spoil the image of Bihar.

Jai Hind

Shalu Sharma

Yes, abusive language should not be tolerated and suitable action should be taken.
But many a times some member pick on others,in that case the member has no option to reply in the same language.
If slapped on one cheek, one can not offer the other cheek for one more slap,in today's times.

But anyways,those abuses such as todays should be sternly dealt with.

Thanks Mam :) ... This such a bad thing ...... But We know that very well in the business market many many peoples from Bihar and U.P in all States also worldwide.

With Regards

Pankaj Giri

Shalu Sharma said:

Hello friends

There has been an incident where a female member had been badly abused. The words used leave a bad taste in the mouth. I hope that members will refrain from abusing another member. YouBihar is a social networking site where Biharis can share views and talk about anything they wish. Unfortunately a member took this too far and starting using bad language that we do not wish to hear in real life and would never teach our children. I had to delete this person from the site. The site is open to the wider public and has views from all over the world. We have been in the American news as an informative site on Bihar and also been mentioned in the Times of India. I therefore request all to refrain from using such extreme language against anyone irrespective of their views especially against female members.

I appreciate everyone’s participation and hope we can show the world that Bihar means business. Bihar is indeed changing and last thing we want is to spoil the image of Bihar.

Jai Hind

Shalu Sharma

Superb mam,

Definately mam if u can den plz delete member from the network.

Jai Hind mam
Shalu Sharma said:

Hello friends

Jai Hind

Shalu Sharma

Good that action has been taken. But here both male and female should be treated equally. If a female member abuse some one she should also be removed. Again i would like to say like what ever the topic is given it would be better if in that only that topic is discussed.

If we talk about the solution for any given topic , it would be nice. Rather than abusing bihari or indian for nothing. I have seen comments here who has nothing to say except cricising. This type of behaviours are also not good.

I hope this note will be duly respected and importance understood.

Hi shalu,

It is a disgrace that foul languages is used to express  against any individual regardless of sex,gender,culture or any other issues,especially of our Hindu Bihari cultural background.I wish the individual concened is able to read the reaction from all the respected members of this network.Unfortunately this is not going to be the case as he/ she is expelled from the site.Is there any way of telling him/her about our disappointment and anger.Ithink HE/SHE shoud be fed to the lion.

This is difficult,Lions will not eat Bihari's. Lions too are averse to Biharis.

binay pandit said:

Good that action has been taken. But here both male and female should be treated equally. If a female member abuse some one she should also be removed. Again i would like to say like what ever the topic is given it would be better if in that only that topic is discussed.

If one read the posts, it would be evident that never ever a female member has taken initiative to post an abusive comments. There are three or four members here who can not keep their itchy fingers under control and they must type something, all the time, every time no matter what the subject or topic of debate. Silence add to gravity and command respect. Chul-bul, chul-bul karney aur ant-sant bolney per koi vidwaan yaa jyaada gyaani nahi ban jata hai. oos aadmi ka mind bahut hi swallpow hota hai.  Female membero ney tabhi jabaab diya hai jab ki unhey ant-sant kaha gayaa hai.

If we talk about the solution for any given topic , it would be nice. Rather than abusing bihari or indian for nothing. I have seen comments here who has nothing to say except cricising. This type of behaviours are also not good.

Why afraid of criticism? We are criticised if some more competent, successful person see our shortcomings and graciously point it out to us so that we make effort to improve ourselves as a better human being. Speaking for myself, I will be grateful to that person showing me what is wrong with me so that I can get rid of that bad part. Constructive criticism must always be welcomed.

Doctor Saheb, aapko bahut bahut dhanyawaad ki aapney ees subject ko uthaayaa. Mai to neerash ho chukaa tha. Lagtaa tha ki yeh site ab sirf uncivilised logo kaa ghar dwaar ban gayaa hai. Mainey bhi mark kiyaa hai ki bahut saarey acchey log yehaa sey chaley gaye hain. Unka naam kyaa lu, aap sab samajhtey hi hongey. Eetni acchi social networking site Madam Shalu ji key kaaran hamey nasseb hui hai. parantu kucch log eesey kidnap kar liey thhey. Khair, Bihar hai, kidnapping to honaa hi tha.

Mainey bhi kai dno sey ees site par nahi aaya, kyonki kuch log aeesa-waeesa comment mery baarey me kartey hai ki mainey sonchaa ki mai yehaa sey chalta feertaa nazar aaun. Parantu ab jaraa doctor saheb ka post parh kar sonchaa hai ki dekhoo level of debate kitnaa upar jaata hai.

Sab log boltey hain ki ham Bihari hain, hamey garv hai Bihari honey ka. Parantu jaisey hi muh kholtey hain, unka asli rang turat pataa chal jaata hai.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2014   Created by YouBihar

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service